Friday 4 January 2008

Getting started...

New year, new toy.

So I’m up into this blog stuff in the end. Not that I’ve found it easy anyway. I don’t want to expand much on this, but I found it particularly hard to come up with a suitable name for this blog that was not already taken (the availability of English adverbs is close to zero from what I learned). Anyway, when I decided to pay a look at those blogs which where ahead of me in finding a proper name, I found most of them –almost all- contained no more than one or two posts, the last of which were, by average, from three to five years old.

I guess it’s not fair that old, dead blogs take up all the nice names and let us with complicated, cumbersome choices only. I wonder if there is any place to complain about that. I’m brand new into this so I’m sure I’ll have time to find out.

But my intention, in fact, is to turn this blog into a pedagogical tool to enlarge what we do in our Language and Culture classes by sharing and exchanging thoughts and interesting material.

We're in our summer break now, so it's ok if I take advantage of that situation to start trying out this new toy. How about a welcome video? This is a nice morphing animation by Philip Scott Johnson, "Women in Art."



Welcome then,
and I hope to see you soon.

5 comments:

Simud said...

Just me.
Checking that this works ok.
Blas

MJ said...

Well probably no need to mention this but you've got my support. And I'm hopeful we'll soon enough have a site to incorporate this blog and our TTC-related work to!

Good luck ;)!

PD: 'A place to carry...' is really an appropriate subheading!

Ronaldo Rodriguez said...

blas, blas... you always manage come up with something new :^) and you know what....? that´s awesome! I add my suppot to martin´s and many others that I imagine that will be interested in and uplifted by this new blog. we do have some endeless conversations to carry on

Anonymous said...

just checking

Anonymous said...

What beautiful images in the morphing animation by Philip Scott Johnson : "Women in Art ".
I enjoyed it a lot!

Susana