Sunday 6 April 2008

What not to do to a new school subject

Key words: Construcción de Ciudadanía, education

This time I'm just writing to invite you all to read a post on education. More precisely, about the still brand new school subject Construcción de Ciudadanía. I'm particularly interested in this truly innovative subject, and I felt moved to write something about how terribly wrong its implementation in Buenos Aires’ schools is going. Since I wrote this post in Spanish I didn’t think it right to publish it here. That’s why I’m inviting you to my Spanish blog to take a look at it. Just click here.

Till next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that you are right about C.D.C. but I believe that all of us may deal with some aspects of democracy in the classroom. Construcción de la ciudadanía,as a subject or as a piece of information can be useful for our postmodern students who are not used to involving any ideology in their cultural formation .Despite poor or weak, it is a way to approach politics to our youngsters.
REFLECTION AND ACTION EQUALS TO PRAXIS-Paulo Freire.
It is better to do a little of something than not to do anything
Susana